Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been prescribed a Vertex medicine and are interested in Vertex GPS, please talk to your healthcare provider. You can work with them to complete a Vertex GPS enrollment form to start the process.
Vertex medicines are available at the following specialty pharmacies:
- Accredo Health Group, Inc.
- AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
- Fairview Pharmacy Services, LLC
- Foundation Care, LLC
- Kroger Specialty Pharmacy
- Maxor Specialty/IV Solutions/Pharmaceutical Specialties (PSI)
Vertex products are not available through other specialty pharmacies.
Patient Support Specialists are here to help by:
- Coordinating with your insurance company to review your insurance coverage and out-of-pocket costs. He or she can also let you know if you're eligible for certain financial assistance programs
- Connecting with your healthcare provider to discuss any questions your insurance company may have while determining your coverage
- Working with your specialty pharmacy to help you coordinate shipments and let you know when it's time to refill your Vertex medicine. See which specialty pharmacies provide Vertex medicines
- Continuing to support you while you are taking your Vertex medicine by providing educational tools, text message refill reminders, and other helpful resources
Coverage is provided through an employer or a union, or purchased directly from a private insurer or through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Open enrollment is the yearly period when you can sign up for a new health insurance plan or make changes to your existing plan.
Out-of-pocket costs are what you may have to pay on your own because they're not covered by your insurance plan.
Once you've paid for care or a prescription, you may be entitled to a reimbursement, or repayment. Your Patient Support Specialist can help guide you through this process.
A specialty pharmacy fills prescriptions for certain drugs that are not available at retail pharmacies. Vertex medicines are only distributed through specialty pharmacies.
If you are enrolled in Vertex GPS and have a question that wasn’t answered here, your Patient Support Specialist may be able to help. To speak to your Patient Support Specialist, call 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) between 8 AM and 8 PM ET Monday through Thursday, and between
If you are not enrolled in Vertex GPS but have been prescribed a Vertex medicine and would like to learn more, please speak with your healthcare provider.