Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been prescribed a Vertex medicine and are interested in Vertex GPS, please talk to your healthcare provider. You can work with them to complete a Vertex GPS enrollment form to start the process.
Vertex medicines are available at the following specialty pharmacies:
- AcariaHealth, Inc./Foundation Care, LLC
- Accredo Health Group, Inc.
- AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy
- Fairview Specialty Pharmacy
- Maxor Specialty Pharmacy
- Optum Specialty Pharmacy
Vertex products are not available through other specialty pharmacies.
Your healthcare provider can help you with treatment questions about Vertex medicines. Vertex also has websites for people who live in the United States: TRIKAFTA.com, SYMDEKO.com, ORKAMBI.com, and KALYDECO.com.
Patient Support Specialists are here to help by:
- Coordinating with your insurance company to review your insurance coverage and out-of-pocket costs. They can also let you know if you’re eligible for certain financial assistance programs
- Connecting with your healthcare provider to discuss any questions your insurance company may have while determining your coverage
- Working with your specialty pharmacy to help you coordinate shipments and let you know when it’s time to refill your Vertex medicine. See which specialty pharmacies provide Vertex medicines
- Continuing to support you while you are taking your Vertex medicine by providing educational tools, text message refill reminders, and other helpful resources
Coverage is provided through an employer or a union, or purchased directly from a private insurer or through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Open enrollment is the yearly period when you can sign up for a new health insurance plan or make changes to your existing plan.
Out-of-pocket costs are what you may have to pay on your own because they’re not covered by your insurance plan.
Once you've paid for care or a prescription, you may be entitled to a reimbursement, or repayment. Your Patient Support Specialist can help guide you through this process.
A specialty pharmacy fills prescriptions for certain drugs that are not available at retail pharmacies. Vertex medicines are only distributed through specialty pharmacies.
Yes, we have a dedicated team of bilingual specialists who can provide product support in Spanish.
Vertex has an educational website that covers everything from traveling to overall health, recipes, and more.
If you are enrolled in Vertex GPS and have a question that wasn’t answered here, your Patient Support Specialist may be able to help. To speak to your Patient Support Specialist, call 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) between 8:30 AM and 7 PM ET Monday through Friday.
If you are not enrolled in Vertex GPS but have been prescribed a Vertex medicine and would
like to learn more, please speak with your healthcare provider.