Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been prescribed a Vertex medicine and are interested in Vertex GPS, please talk to your healthcare provider. You can work with them to complete a Vertex GPS enrollment form to start the process.
Vertex medicines are available at the following specialty pharmacies:
- Accredo Health Group, Inc.
- AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
- Fairview Pharmacy Services, LLC
- Foundation Care, LLC
- Kroger Specialty Pharmacy
- Maxor Specialty/IV Solutions/Pharmaceutical Specialties (PSI)
Vertex products are not available through other specialty pharmacies.
Patient Support Specialists are here to help by:
- Coordinating with your insurance company to review your insurance coverage and out-of-pocket costs. He or she can also let you know if you're eligible for certain financial assistance programs
- Connecting with your healthcare provider to discuss any questions your insurance company may have while determining your coverage
- Working with your specialty pharmacy to help you coordinate shipments and let you know when it's time to refill your Vertex medicine. See which specialty pharmacies provide Vertex medicines
- Continuing to support you while you are taking your Vertex medicine by providing educational tools, text message refill reminders, and other helpful resources
Coverage is provided through an employer or a union, or purchased directly from a private insurer or through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Open enrollment is the yearly period when you can sign up for a new health insurance plan or make changes to your existing plan.
Out-of-pocket costs are what you may have to pay on your own because they're not covered by your insurance plan.
Once you've paid for care or a prescription, you may be entitled to a reimbursement, or repayment. Your Patient Support Specialist can help guide you through this process.
A specialty pharmacy fills prescriptions for certain drugs that are not available at retail pharmacies. Vertex medicines are only distributed through specialty pharmacies.
Yes, we have a dedicated team of bilingual specialists that can provide product support services in Spanish.
If you are enrolled in Vertex GPS and have a question that wasn’t answered here, your Patient Support Specialist may be able to help. To speak to your Patient Support Specialist, call 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) between 8 AM and 8 PM ET Monday through Thursday, and between
If you are not enrolled in Vertex GPS but have been prescribed a Vertex medicine and would like to learn more, please speak with your healthcare provider.