3 Ways to Enroll Patients in Vertex GPS
Use the Vertex GPS Portal
- Log on to the portal
- Complete the form with your patient
- Submit the form electronically
To help you make the most of the portal, we've created instructional videos with tips for using certain features.
If you have questions about getting set up, call 1-800-290-0011 1-800-290-0011.
- Enroll new patients seamlessly
- Transition Vertex medications for
- Manage prior authorizations and reauthorization forms
- Verify insurance, co-pay assistance status, and pharmacy information instantly
- Track compliance and refill activity
- Update pharmacy information
- View on-demand reports for enrolled patients
Download the enrollment form
The enrollment form is an easy way to help your patients become part of Vertex GPS. Simply follow the steps below.
- Log on to CoverMyMeds.com
- Enter the Vertex product name in the medication field
- Use the search term "GPS" or "enrollment"
- Complete the form with your patient
- Submit electronically
After patient enrollment, you can notify the patient or caregiver that a Patient Support Specialist will be reaching out soon.
About Vertex GPS
How Vertex GPS Works With Centers
Patient Support Specialists can work with you and your staff by:
- Assisting in patient enrollment for Vertex GPS
- Verifying insurance requirements and coordinating product delivery through an in-network specialty pharmacy
- Tracking and monitoring refills to help with Vertex treatment adherence
- Notifying you of changes in your patient’s insurance coverage or new requirements
- Communicating prior authorization renewal information
- Summarizing patient information in an Enrolled Patient Report
Getting your patients started with Vertex GPS
Personalized support from Vertex GPS begins at enrollment. After you have submitted the enrollment form, patients can expect to receive a welcome call from their dedicated Patient Support Specialist.
4 out of 5
patients on Vertex medicines in the
US are enrolled in Vertex GPS†
†As of 9/1/2020, based on in-network specialty pharmacy and Vertex GPS data.
Your patient’s specialist is here to help by:
1. Verifying insurance coverage and requirements
Vertex GPS can help determine coverage and any prior authorization requirements:
- Patient Support Specialists will share the outcome and can help explore financial assistance options
- For patients who have commercial insurance, Vertex may be able to help reduce their co-pay to as little as $15 per refill‡
‡Limitations apply. Vertex reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this assistance program at any time.
2. Coordinating product delivery
If the insurance company approves coverage:
- Patient Support Specialists can help coordinate delivery with an in-network specialty pharmacy
- The specialty pharmacy will reach out to your patient to set up the first shipment
3. Providing ongoing support, such as:
- Monthly medicine refill reminders. Patients can also choose to receive refill reminders via text message
- Educational resources about their Vertex medicine
- Seasonal texts and videos such as open enrollment reminders and tips for sticking to a schedule during summer
- Tools for staying on track like the Vertex GPS Connect app, resources for starting college, check-in calls, and more
average compliance in patients
enrolled in Vertex GPS nationwide§
§Based on prescription refill data from specialty pharmacies used by Vertex, as well as on-therapy patient records. Data does not include hospital pharmacies and government entities. Patient compliance rate calculated from 12/1/2019 to 5/31/2020.
Your patient's Patient Support Specialist can send a summary of important information in the Enrolled Patient Report to help assess treatment adherence.
Request a site visit or call your specialist at 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) 1-877-752-5933 (press 2) to review your Enrolled Patient Report.